Associate Client Relationship Director
Strong performing individual needed to work with our banking client, within the specialist area of Commercial Real Estate. Supporting an existing Relationship Director on a key growth portfolio, covering the North of England. This role provides a tremendous opportunity for a high calibre individual to assist in driving the clients targeted growth aspirations in this geography, honing marketing / relationship skills and ensuring they are balancing risk, profitability and management.
- Work closely with Head of Region and an existing Relationship Director to deliver relationship management in a 'Client First' manner in the key Manchester and North of England region
- Researching and due diligence on prospects through to arranging and leading meetings both with key prospects, existing clients and key professionals across the geography
- Maximising time spent with the clients and thereby developing negotiation skills will be a prerequisite, as well as an expectation around progression through appropriate professional qualifications with a view to moving forward your career aspirations
- Attend networking events and build a presence in the Manchester/NoE market and assist in origination of new business particularly in the North West
- Liaise with product partners across the Bank to bring appropriate products and services to clients and thus maximise the potential for overall business returns
- Work alongside the Head of Region and existing Relationship Director to negotiate terms and conditions of credit facilities and services after consulting with all relevant parties and prepare proposals in order to seek approval
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Client Account plans and reporting for the portfolio in order to meet customer profitability requirements and business objectives
- Work collaboratively with the Client Services / Global Transaction Banking teams to ensure they meet the client's day to day operational banking requirements, whilest maximising the client face time
- Efficient working practises to ensure processes are adhered to on an ongoing basis and systems kept current and accurate
- Manage as a key member of the team any changes to Bank policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvements e.g. Simplification and any issues are satisfactory resolved. Supervisory Oversight process to be followed alongside standard credit governance - renewals etc
- Liaise with the Transaction Execution team to ensure legal and other documentation is compliant with credit sanction, Bank and Regulatory policy thereby minimising risk
Applications for this opportunity need to be registered within the next 10 days, so if you are interested please get in touch with me, as soon as possible.