Senior Risk Consultant
Our client, a leading UK consultancy, has an urgent requirement for an experienced Risk Manager to join an established and growing Risk Team. The role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to use and further develop their existing capabilities across both project and strategic domains as part of a successful team delivering risk-based consultancy to clients across Defence, Energy and Infrastructure markets in the UK.
As a Senior Risk professional you will be deployed onto a range of challenging customer engagements, either leading a team or as a sole representative, so the ability to travel regularly across the UK is essential. Driven by professional development you will be actively encouraged to participate at major conferences. As part of a multi-disciplinary and established team, you will have plenty of room to grow, so you can draw on the expertise around you and help individuals just starting out in their Risk Management careers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on a broad range of challenging consulting engagements, applying a variety of Risk Management principles to enable clients to make effective project and business decisions.
- Assistance in the growth of the Risk Management capability across the business through development of other members of the risk team, and coordinating business-winning activities.
- Working individually or as part of a team providing risk management services, including Risk Identification and Facilitation, Analysis, Process Development, Reporting and Training.
- Cost and Schedule Risk Analysis, including reporting information to project teams and Board members.
- Provide Project and Programme management support to these engagements, with the ability to execute these alongside existing risk experience to provide a broad depth of consulting offerings.
- Supporting major bid activities through risk management support, contingency analysis and commercial awareness.
- Ability to add value to client organisations and enable the Capability to fulfil ambitious growth and development strategies through meeting business related and personal development targets.
- Leading niche engagements and developing other members of the team as required.
- Significant risk analysis and modelling capabilities (using Primavera Risk Analysis (Pertmaster), Predict and Active Risk Manager (ARM)).
- Creating risk documentation, including risk strategies and plans at both projects and corporate level.
Successful candidates should ideally be educated to Degree level and have a minimum of 5 years specific Risk Management experience. Professional membership of a relevant institution, in addition to formal qualifications in Risk and Project Management would be desirable.
We are advertising this opportunity in line with the Race Relations Act Section 41 exemption. Applicants would be required to meet special nationality rules and therefore this vacancy is open solely to British Citizens.