Bid Manager, Ultra Electronics Airport Systems, Manchester
Here at Ultra Electronics Airport Systems, we are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to join our busy team based in Wythenshawe, Manchester. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £40,000 - £50,000 dependent upon experience.
Ultra Electronics Airport Systems provides airport software solutions that underpin the airport’s flight operations all over the world, in fact over 75% of people who fly every year will do so through an airport that depends upon Ultra’s solutions. We are a real British success story and we are growing. We need a highly skilled and experienced Bid Manager to complement our existing team and help us capitalise on the fantastic growth potential that exists for us.
As our Bid Manager you will complement our existing team and help us capitalise on the fantastic growth potential that exists for us. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines with forensic levels of attention to detail, with a sound ability to cope with multiple complex, multi-work-stream opportunities simultaneously. The Bid Leader will co-ordinate a virtual bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process in conjunction with the sales lead.
Responsibilities of our Bid Manager include;
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of sources /experts internal and external to company,
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial / financial aspects of the bid,
- Taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process, with all necessary procedures and governance adherence / sign off,
- Lead bid storyboarding and structure definition sessions, alongside the sales lead
- Confident in dissecting RFPs and identifying frequently asked questions / similar previous proposals,
- Produce professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the organisations value proposition,
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, without changing technical meaning
- Identify possibility of re-using existing pre-written content where relevant (and re-working to suit as required),
- Develop proposal graphics that have impact and are easy to interpret,
To become our Bid Manager you must have the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Superlative time management / prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Strong commercial understanding
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language reading/writing skills - Desirable
- Certified to APMP Practitioner or Professional level - Desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong comprehension and lateral thinking skills
- Ability to communicate and influence at a multiple levels within own organisation
- Open, transparent and able to respond positively to issues and actively seek solutions as necessary
- Good organisational, planning and estimation skills with the ability to multi task and monitor the activities of others
- Reacts quickly and confidently to urgent situations
Our business values people and skills and invests in growing people to secure the future of what we do. At Ultra, we offer an array of benefits such as company pension scheme, life assurance and access to our flexible benefit scheme where you have access to voluntary benefits such as share save schemes, private medical, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. Flexible working hours, subsided Staff Sports & Social Club, ‘chill out’ areas make this a great place to work.
If this sounds like the Bid Manager role for you, please click ‘apply’ today.