Quantity Surveyor - Leading Infrastructure Contractor
Quantity Surveyor – Leading Infrastructure Contractor – Anglia Region
Salary: Circa £50,000+ car/car allowance + package
*A thriving principle contractor is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their growing maintenance division dedicated to both rail infrastructure and engineering sectors within the Anglia and South East Region*
An experienced and motivated Quantity Surveyor is required to join a leading industry contractor with a strong and ever growing portfolio of works within the Anglia region. Primary base of work reporting into an office based in Essex, my client is looking for Quantity Surveyor to take the lead regarding the commercial control and cost management of the work, working closely with the site teams and client. You will initially operate as lead QS for the region; plans are to build a commercial team in which you will play an incremental part in.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial expert to take lead and autonomy over a busy and growing programme of civil engineering and rail infrastructure projects; a real opportunity to run it and grow as your own portfolio.
Reporting into the National Commercial Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- · Presentation of all applications for payment, including all contractual entitlements.
- · Ensuring that payments are received in accordance with the contract terms.
- · Submission of estimate / tendering information to the client.
- · Presentation of Final Accounts, including negotiation of all contractual entitlements.
- · Presentation of weekly cost / value information, delivery schedules and associated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) data.
- · Preparation and presentation of Monthly Cost/Value Reconciliations and Final Cost/Value Forecasts.
- · Preparation and presentation of forward work schedules and cash flows.
- · Financial and commercial management of Sub-contractors through to settlement of their Final Accounts.
- · Preparation of appropriate documentation in support of additional payment, variations, claims etc.
- · Commercial support to the site and contracts management team as well as estimating and procurement
- · Close liaison with the client on all commercial matters, including preparation and submission of supporting information.
Formal qualification in relevant field- HNC/HND or Degree in relevant discipline i.e. Quantity Surveying
Must have experience working on civil engineering projects with a main contractor – rail experience will be advantageous but experience on multiple low level contracts in Civils will be considered i.e. utilities, water, environment agency, groundworks, telecomms, asset maintenance.
Commutable to the office in Essex
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this or other roles through ATA Recruitment please forward your CV to
Alternatively you can speak to Beth by phoning.
All correspondence will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.