Partnership Manager - Education Sales
You will be a highly intelligent and personable individual with an ability to talk to headteachers on their level. Past experience in ICT or teaching will be looked on very favorably; if you can demonstrate both, even better!
Your role will involve helping to identify target schools and organisations, engaging these customers to understand their challenges and tailor our unique platform accordingly, and work post-sale to help implement the platform to help schools use it to improve school performance. The role is part sales, part change management and part school-improvement.
We are looking for independent and positive self-starters, as we’ll be giving you a high degree of autonomy from day one. We’ll support you whenever you need help, and be there to celebrate your every success, but you will own your own relationships with schools and need to be comfortable working in a flat and fast-paced organisation where no two days are ever the same!
A preliminary list of responsibilities include:
The work will require travel throughout about a third of England. You will need a car and valid driver’s license, and enjoy travelling to new schools to discover organisational challenges and how you can solve them. This will involve meeting and building relationships with all school stakeholders from governors and heads to teaching assistants and office managers, so you will need to enjoy networking, and be able to empathise with different people at different levels.
In order to qualify for this position, you will have:
· A demonstrated passion for both education and technology
· A highly personable and open attitude
· 2-5 years’ experience as a teacher or providing ICT services to schools
· Strong numeracy, verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to persuade through use of qualitative and quantitative information
· The desire to work independently in a fast-paced, non-hierarchical organisation
· Proven sales or business development experience, ideally from an ICT background, is a bonus, not a prerequisite
· A background as a teacher in the UK education system