Director of Services UK
Director of Service UK - Flexible UK location - c £80,000 basic + benefits
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, the Director of Service will operate autonomously within the organisation in line with their other responsibilities. They will deliver industry leading levels of service to all customers by actively managing and directing the Service Team, through strong leadership, vision and support, whilst sustainably growing the financial performance of the Service business
This role will suit a strong character who can lead from the front with a positive and creative 'can do' attitude. They will have a practical and realistic approach to making things happen in an organisation, utilising strong core operational management skills and high level strategic thinking.
There is a strong possibility of significant growth in the short-term, by inheriting a number of large Accounts from a competitor.
- Manage and direct the Service Team in line with the Strategic Plan
- Deliver the service budget
- Maintain a strong 'delivery focus' and 'sense of urgency' culture within the Service Team
- Drive a match between demand and resource through; up and cross skilling, labour utilisation and developing front line Team Leaders
- Development and improve Service processes to optimise performance, cost and revenue generation
- Develop the performance of all employees through regular communication and the implementation of training & development activities
- Implement relevant analysis and reporting to improve the Service Management process as well as maximize transparency for our customers
- Contribute to the general management of the business, as part of the Senior Management Team within the UK
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
- Management related degree (MBA Preferred)
- Have successfully managed a national Service team
- Knowledge of best practice in service delivery
- From an engineering background (electro/ mechanical preferred)
- A natural Leader with vision and the ability to get people 'on-board'
- Able to initiate and manage change successfully
- Effective in managing performance improvement
- Customer focussed
- Analytical and quantitative
- Structured, organised and 'outcome oriented'
- Proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to 'get things done'
- Able to plan and control
- IT oriented
- Basic salary £Market competitive
- Bonus scheme (performance related)
- Company car - fully expensed (BMW, Audi, Mercedes)
- Laptop, iPad & smartphone
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Support for career development
- Pension including life assurance @ 4 x salary subject to Insurer's acceptance
- Health insurance (non-contributory) after successful completion of probationary period
If you can manage the continuation of service delivery through the Service Management Team, whilst maintaining real performance improvement, in addition to, maintaining the growth in both contract and chargeable income, against the continual pressure to reduce cost/price from customers then this is the role for you!