Registered Care Manager
Our client, a leading Domiciliary care organisation based in the Hampshire area, are looking for an experienced Registered Care Manager to join their team.
In this role you will:
- Efficiently manage the day to day running of the business, working towards growing the delivery hours and growing the business.
- Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective homecare to customers within budget.
- Manage all aspects of the team of 44 staff.
- Provide strong leadership so staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
- Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service Provide a good service to customers
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
- Prior to each service commencing make sure a full assessment of each customer’s needs and associated risks is carried out. Identify what the customer would like to achieve from their care and support
- Create with the customer and/or their chosen representative a written individually tailored care and support plan that respects the customer’s wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree the plan and appropriate risk control measures to reduce the risks
- Provide the customer, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
- Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
- Keep all information about customers, their representatives and their families secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers Lead and manage staff
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the office team (e.g. coordinator (s), supervisor (s), and support staff) and care assistants. Identify ongoing training needs and make sure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
- Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent Promote the business
- Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
- Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the franchise owner to achieve key performance targets
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a minimum of Level 5 qualification for Care Managers
- Comfortable leading a team
- Self-motivated, well-organised & reliable
- Caring and sensitive
- Have previous and recent Domiciliary experience
- Committed to maintaining our high standards of care
- Good communicator
The salary on offer is between £32k - £38k depending on experience based on working 40 Hours per week
Benefits include 28 days paid holiday + bank holidays, expenses, free car parking, 3% pension and bonus with up to 15% earning potential!
To find out more click 'Apply’ today!