Civil or Structural Engineer - Rail Team
Civil or Structural Engineer - Rail Team,
Richmond - Permanent
Competitive salary plus
MLM is a growing successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy working throughout the UK and abroad on a vast array of interesting projects. We aim to be great people to work with, for both our clients and employees.
MLM has a dedicated Rail Team, which has developed an enviable reputation in the industry. We now have a position for an Engineer due to our continued success and increasing workload.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become part of a growing team and benefit from genuine career development prospects. The Rail Team undertakes an interesting variety of work for clients including Network Rail, contractors, Train Operating Companies and outside party developers. The type of work undertaken includes design of new civil and structural engineering infrastructure, design of temporary works, examinations and reporting, feasibility studies and outside party coordination.
Recent projects include platform extensions, bridges, station buildings, retaining walls, culverts, drainage works, temporary works and heavy duty paving.
While experience of carrying out similar work in a rail environment would be an advantage, we are keen to hear from candidates from other background who feel they may have what it takes to join the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
* An ability to work within design teams carrying out the design of railway structures. Experience of working within design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be ideally be required, however you may be a structural engineer looking for a change in direction.
* An ability to design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. An ability to carry out the inspection of civil engineering structures on site.
* A demonstrably excellent standard of written and verbal English.
* A sound understanding of engineering principles.
* A degree in a relevant subject.
* Relevant experience of working in the construction industry.
They offer an introduction bonus, a competitive salary, paid overtime, enhanced night working rates, an excellent benefits package, annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects. We can also offer a relocation package.
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website - jobs/mlm
MLM is an equal opportunities employer, so please inform us of any special needs that you may have.
You must be able to work in the UK without restriction and hold a valid and clean driving licence. Hays Construction & Property is a specialist in Civil & Structural Engineering Recruitment and have a range of posts available.
If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We also welcome speculative applications. For a private and confidential conversation please contact Huseyin Huseyin on or email,