A global engineering and technology business are recruiting a strategic procurement professional to join their procurement department. Applicants need to be commercially and contractually strong, with the ability to drive improved supply chain performance
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for driving improved supply chain performance while ensuring subcontracts signed by suppliers are robust, in regards to the inclusion of commercial "flow down" T&CS. Working closely with stakeholders across; commercial, procurement, and engineering, the Procurement Manager will manage supplier and subcontractors ensuring T&Cs are complied to, in a spirit of collaboration and mutual benefit. The Procurement Manager will also be responsible for managing customer contractual changes with the subcontractors and suppliers, ensuring the commercial changes are "flowed down". The Procurement Manager will also support "work winning" activities, through early and effective engagement with the supply chain and subcontractors.
No specific supplier, subcontract, commodity or category experience is demanded in this role. The Supply Chain will include electronics and mechanical engineering subcontractors, alongside indirect and services subcontractors.
Specific duties of the Procurement Manager will include:
1. Supplier and Subcontract Management - ensuring compliance to T&Cs in relation to cost, delivery, quality
2. Engage with commercial and technical stakeholders to understand T&Cs required in subcontract agreements
3. Serve as a point of contact for suppliers / subcontractors
4. Negotiation of subcontracts to include customer flow down T&Cs
5. Ensure subcontractors and subcontract T&Cs, have the ability to support project, technical and commercial goals
6. Coordinate and lead subcontract review meetings
7. Lead supplier / subcontractor risk management strategies
8. Promote early supplier and subcontractor involvement in bids and project work.
9. Vendor management and supplier relationship management of subcontractors
10. Work with Technical teams to resolve design issues impacting on Supplier performance
Procurement Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Strategic procurement, category management or supplier relationship management experience
2. Commercially and contractually strong - experience with flow down T&Cs within subcontracts
3. The ability to engage effectively with both commercial and technical stakeholders
4. Experience using vendor management and SRM techniques
5. Experience using procurement tools such as; supplier analysis, make vs. buy, risk management etc.
6. MCIPS / Degree - desirable