Regional Technical Manager
Professional and expanding Insurance Organisation would like to recruit an experienced Surveyor/Engineer to join their growing team. The role will see you provide professional subsidence and surveying services in connection with domestic and commercial buildings insurance claims. You will proactively manage your own work efficiently and effectively to achieve business objectives and meet defined service level agreements (SLAs).
- To visit damaged properties and assess technical and insurance aspects required to resolve insurance claims and to reinstate damaged buildings. The role requires a willingness to travel within the UK and flexibility in working arrangements to meet business requirements.
- To understand, implement and comply with company procedures and policies, and actively promote the principle of treating customers fairly.
- To liaise with and provide technical guidance to clients, policyholders, local authorities, third parties, claims handlers and other work colleagues as required.
- Identifying causes of damage and construction defects assessing repair requirements, scheduling necessary building repair works.
- Instruction of temporary or emergency works to make damaged buildings safe.
- Building pathology including asbestos and damp problems.
- Provide professional report writing and other general correspondence, including consultation reports.
- Specification of site investigations and interpretation of geotechnical reports.
- Building construction and foundation systems.
- Obtaining competitive tenders, tender assessment and recommendations.
- To maintain and update accurate records on the company claims management IT system.
- To proactively work on own initiative and manage a portfolio of work within a regional area and assist in other areas as and when required.
- Administration of building contracts and related contract law.
- Project management of building works onsite, valuing and authorising contractual payments and agreeing variations.
- The role will home based and the employee will be required to maintain a suitable home office environment.
- You will be covering the South West region, broadly covering the Devon/Cornwall area, Bristol, parts of South Wales and across to Swindon/Reading.
- There will be a requirement to attend local company offices from time to time.
Requirements for the role:
- Chartered Engineer, Chartered Surveyor or Chartered Builder (MICE/MISTructE/MRICS/MCIOB) or similar, or working towards professional qualification
- Knowledge of Local Authority Planning & Building Regulations.
- Understanding of buildings insurance policies and insurance law
- Health & Safety Legislation & CDM Regulations
- Party Wall etc Act.
- Excellent communication skills and articulation
- Understanding and recognition of Customer Service and Quality
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience of cost control and financial awareness.
- Computer Literate - particularly MS Office Package
- Numeracy skills
Reports and accountable to: Head of Subsidence and Surveying and involves liaison with: Directors, Associate Directors, Managers, Loss Adjusters, Support Staff, Clients, Customers, Suppliers as necessary.
The role comes with a company car/car allowance, laptop, phone, 25 days holiday, pension and further benefits.
If you would like to discuss further, please contact Adrian Richards at Cavendish Maine.