Service Desk Manager - Portsmouth - £35,000 - £38,000
IT Service Desk Manager
£35,000 - £38,000 per annum + benefits, training & career progression
Portsmouth - Hampshire
Helpdesk Manager required to join a progressive and growing company from their head office within the Portsmouth area.
The role of Helpdesk Manager is to provide day to day supervision for the Service Desk Team which provides a first point of contact to all the internal and external IT users. This is a customer focused culture, with emphasis on ownership of incidents and requests within the Service Desk team. You will be working throughout the full lifecycle as well from attending support review meetings, staff scheduling, weekly reviews, management of the staff including evaluations, promotions and disciplinary through to the overall planning, directing and reporting of the department as a whole.
You will have a strong technical background though as you will be acting as the lead 'Major Incident Manager' and will also be an escalation point to the primary out of hour's team for one week in four.
The ideal candidate for the Helpdesk Manager position will have at least three years working within a similar environment or have managed technical teams previously. You will have:
- Consistently worked within an ITIL environment and preferably hold an ITIL certification.
- Strong customer service skills with strong attention to detail to strive for excellence in delivery.
- Come from a technical background
- Experience of the creation and upkeep of SLA's and KPI's with proven experience managing workflows and resources to adhere to these targets
- Excellent team management experience with the ability to demonstrate strong communication skills and liaise with all members of the business including Senior Managers and Directors
- Maintained processes and documentation to support the service desk and incident management process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that would be able to offer further career progression opportunities along with some excellent benefits.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity then please contact Philip Meehan on or email