Job purpose for the Finance Manager
Accountable to the Corporate Services Director, the Finance Manager will ensure that Company and the trust funds it manages have timely and accurate management accounts produced to a high quality and that statutory requirements are met.
Finance Manager - Job Description
- Manage and participate in the production of the monthly accounts, and highlight any variances and anomalies for the business, charitable trusts and two other customer assistance schemes.
- Support the increase of productivity by designing and commissioning new IT solutions to automate elements of process.
- Prepare annual financial statements for the business and all Trust Funds, and communicate with the auditors to ensure the company’s statutory financial statements are prepared accurately and on time.
- Prepare annual budgets in conjunction with the Directors the business and all Trust funds to ensure adequate controls and plans are in place.
- Ensure all annual returns & statutory accounts are filed with Companies House.
- Preparing the Charity Commission annual return for the trust funds and ensure they are submitted in accordance with set timescales.
- Preparing the salary amendments each month and liaising with external payroll bureau.
- Ensure payments are made to the Inland Revenue for PAYE & NI.
- Organising and administering the pension scheme and liaising with Pension advisor.
- Prepare information for P11D’s to be submitted.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of the VAT return.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Administration of the Insurance policies for the business and Trust Funds to ensure adequate cover. Making claims and liaising with brokers as necessary.
- Ensure that all bank mandates are kept up to date
- To manage in conjunction with the Corporate Service Director, staff contracts and handbooks.
- To ensure Health & Safety policies are kept up to date.
- Oversee the Facilities Management, maintenance and support of the company’s IT.
- Ensure that Financial Regulations are complied with throughout the organisation.
- Provide ongoing support to the Corporate Services Director to ensure the overall smooth running of the financial and administration functions.
Key skills for the Finance Manager
- Fully qualified ACCA or CIMA with at least 5 years PQE
- At least two years’ experience of Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Knowledge of basic tax requirements
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Track record of producing management accounts
- At least 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience in managing a team
- A high level of IT awareness including advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint