Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager - Oxford/Aylesbury area
Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager - Oxford / Aylesbury area
We are looking for an Insurance Surveyor / Works Supervisor for a new role based in Bucks. Working for a Building Contractor specialising in private domestic property insurance repairs you will be responsible for scoping and estimating repair works, then supervising the works to completion. The works is around the Milton Keynes, Oxford, Northampton and Bucks areas.
Working hours are 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (with 30 mins for lunch) and you will generally spend the morning out surveying and the afternoon in the office.
Job role and responsibilities
Working as part of a small repairs team as the Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager you will be responsible for overseeing a caseload of insurance repair works and being the customers main point of contact throughout the process. Average project value about £3k but range from £500 to £10k with some tendered works up to £50k).
Responsibilities will be:
- Accurately survey domestic properties for fire / flood / escape of water damage etc.
- Scope the works onto various scoping systems and prepare full schedule of works for sub-contractors/direct labour
- Checking pre-scoped works and editing where necessary
- Attending pre-start meeting to greet customer and schedule works
- Meet trades on site on day one to brief works
- Ascertain Health & Safety risks and ensure H&S on site during works
- Carry out site audits as necessary and ensure quality of works on site
- Ensuring job is managed within budget set
- Deal with variations and any problems on site ensuring a quality customer service
- Post completion site visit to sign-off works
- Prepare job for final hand over to Branch Manager ready for invoicing/final accounts
What skills/experience will you need?
For this Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager role you will need to have a proven track record of producing accurate scope of works on private domestic properties repairs (ideally with experience in insurance claims although this isn’t necessarily essential). You will need an excellent knowledge of trades and relevant costs within this industry and be able to understand/interpret and produce an accurate schedule of works.
If you have a working knowledge of Symbility or ATOM this would be a distinct advantage.
Knowledge of Health & Safety on site and CDM regs would be highly advantageous
Excellent customer service, organisational and PC skills are required along with an understanding of the SLA’s required with a repairs project. You should be prepared to spend sometime in the office as well as out in the field.
In addition to the Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager salary (negotiable dependent upon experience around £28 - £34k) you will receive a company vehicle (personal use also), 28 days holiday and a pension after 3 months
The office is located in Bucks (near Milton Keynes) and you will need to live within a commutable distance from this (ideally within 30 miles).
If you think you have the relevant experience for this Insurance Surveyor / Contracts Manager role please apply by clicking on the 'apply’ button below.
We may not always be able to reply to every applicant due to the volume of CVs received so if you have not received a call within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. However, we may keep your CV on file in case we have a more suitable position in the future.