Senior Staff Nurse-General Surgery
General Surgery at the Princess Grace Hospital involves a wide range of different surgical procedures performed by leading surgeons in their field of high acuity treatments. General Surgery focuses primarily on abdominal organs (e.g. intestines, oesophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts. It also involves diseases of the skin, breast, soft tissue and hernia.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Senior Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the General Surgery Unit. You will be required to effectively working within the team, supervising, coaching and developing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary, as well as being confident working independently. As the successful candidate you will promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the General Surgery Unit.
Salary: £35,673 - £40,401 +9% enhancement (dependent on experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times
- Supervise and direct junior team members, deputizing for senior staff in their absence
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives and assisting with coaching and development of the team
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Promote a learning environment at all times
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Mentorship & preceptorship experience, and a desire to work towards an ENB 998 certificate
- Strong experience within a general surgery setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Phlebotomy skills are desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times.
Closing date for applications: 15th March 2017