Key Account Manager - Construction Sector
A key role with the accent on driving strong sales and profit growth for Arco, UK Market Leader spearheading Safety at Work.
South of England region (Watford/London up to Birmingham)
Up to £41,555, dependent on experience, plus car, bonus scheme and company benefits
The delivery of strong sales and profit growth from key national accounts is the prime challenge of this Key Account Manager role, which involves developing relationships with key head office decision-makers and contract negotiation. Reporting to our Sector Sales Manager, you’ll develop detailed account plans for existing accounts, as well as an opportunity pipeline for potential new business. So you’ll need to become the sector expert regarding product requirements, as well as:
• playing a key role in innovation and product improvement
• working with customers to improve customer service and supply chain efficiency
• ensuring implementation plans/exit strategies for all wins/losses are in place
• working closely with the contracts team to win tenders.
To apply for this Key Account Manager role, you must have a proven track record in key account management, sales and profit generation, underpinned by the ability rapidly to develop excellent product, customer and supplier knowledge. With excellent negotiation skills and comfortable dealing with complex corporate accounts, you’re able to analyse detailed sales and P&E data to inform sales strategy, using all available reporting tools. As an experienced Key Account Manager you also have:
• excellent presentation skills enabling you to present to large audiences
• a real grasp of the drivers and the impact of cost-to-serve and how to minimise this to maximise net profitability.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
• a computer scheme with great offers including Apple Macbook Pro, iMac and printers
• child-care vouchers
• continuous professional learning and development
• holiday purchase scheme.
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. We distribute over 170,000 world-class quality assured products and training providing expert advice, helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We have been awarded the title of 'Superbrand’ by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business-to-business brands in Britain.
We are a family run business and all of our family have the ability to:
Think Customer: Deliver Our Numbers: Work Together: Make Things Happen: Open to Change: Effective Communication
Reference number for the Key Account Manager: OLR12390
To apply for this Key Account Manager role, please forward a full CV and covering letter to Online Resourcing by clicking the APPLY button below and completing the short application procedure.