Software Assent Management Specialist
Job Title: Software Assent Management Specialist - UK0000AQ
Location: UK Mobile
Salary: £50k + 15% flex + benefits
The main purpose of this position is being a key point of contact for all multi accounts, owning and controlling Software Licence Management and Software Application Installation Management across many areas of the business and providing the information required enabling the organisation to remain legally compliant.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsibilities include providing and following Policy and procedures for managing software and producing compliance and ELP reports across vendors throughout the desktop, server and virtual estates
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing support and upgrade protection by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services
- Manage contracts and relationships to maximize value creation and costs for software licensing, maintenance, and service offerings.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons.
- Providing advice and guidance to clients on usage, licensing rules and licensing purchasing policies.
- Assist in the development of reporting to address management requirements to obtain information and give further clarity.
- Enter and maintain information to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost.
- Communicate through email, individual interview, group meetings, and presentations to client, end users, management, account teams, and vendors.
- Produce and when necessary analysis software reporting utilizing data from the Snow tooling.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information.
- Working alongside specialists teams to; provide end-to-end provision of complex software pricing, identifying licensing models to leverage benefits for the company and our clients.
- Partnering with key software asset management stakeholders, educating, negotiating, and influencing them.
- Liaises with all levels of the organization with regard to the rollout and on-going management of the software asset management process, policies, and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Information Technology
- Excellent knowledge of managing multiply vendors and contracts
- Significant experience in a Software Asset Management role.
- Strong analytical, data processing and problem solving skills
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
- Proven researching ability
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Software asset life cycle management processes
- Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and provide clarity.
- Excellent skills in managing software contracts and identifying costs impacts assets.
- Implementation/Execution: Good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: Introducing new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Problem Solving: Problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving.
The successful candidate must be willing to undertake a basic and SC clearance process.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges. Combining high quality and performance services, added-value and innovation, Sopra Steria enables its clients to make the best use of information technology.
With 35,000 professionals in over 20 countries (of which over 5000 are based in the UK) and pro forma revenue of €3.1 billion in 2013, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too - using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
On offer is the opportunity to work for a European leader in digital transformation. The role comes with a competitive salary, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Sopra Steria.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.