EB4337: Multi-skilled Engineer
Salary: £34,000 DOE
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Shifts: 06:00 – 14:00 & 14:00 – 22:00 (Monday to Friday)
An opportunity has arisen for the requirement of a Multi-Skilled Engineerwho are qualified up to or above an HNC or equivalent in Mechanical &/or Electrical disciplines. The purpose of the role of Multi-Skilled Engineer is to keep production machinery and equipment fully operational and carry out general site maintenance in accordance with P.P.M. system and business requirements and be competent in Fault Finding Techniques.
The role of Multi-Skilled Engineer comes with a very competitive salary and working on alternative shift patterns which may include some weekend work.
The role of Multi-Skilled Engineer will include Fault Diagnosis and Repair of a wide variety of Electro – Mechanical Systems including Hydraulics, Conveyors, Multi-head weighers, check weighers, flow wrappers, over-wrapping machines, gas flush machines, LP air compressors and associated systems.
This Multi-Skilled Engineer must have strong knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems including fault diagnosis to control systems with clear understanding and interpretations of electrical schematic drawings, Ideally IEE qualified up to 17th edition wiring Regulations.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all operational equipment whilst maintaining safe working practices,
- Responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Carry out routine maintenance to all plant and services whilst maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Assist in the management of Health and Safety and Company policies in compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Assist in current and future projects including introduction of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Carry out any other reasonable request from employer.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Recognised engineering qualification to HNC or equivalent in Mechanical &/or Electrical disciplines.
- Engineering experience and fault diagnostic role gained within FMCG, Food or heavy engineering environment ideally with experience of packaging machinery, VFFS, flow wrapping
- Previous experience programming PLCs (desirable)
- Some basic fault diagnostic skills using PLC systems is essential (software and hardware)
- Knowledge of inverter drives, sensors and safety circuits (control methods)
- Instrumentation & calibration
- 3 phase motors and associated controls
- Electrical skills to include new electrical installations and fault-finding skills.
- Experience of general maintenance work including basic fabrication skills.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to component level.
- Setting up machinery to fine tolerances
- Experience of PPM system
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.