Indirect Tax Manager
Our Client are keen to welcome an Indirect Tax Manager into their European Service Centre based in Swords.
Our Client has grown into the world's leading car rental company with over 11,000 locations throughout 140 countries.
As Indirect Tax Manager, you will manage a team of highly motivated indirect tax accountants based at our shared service centre in Swords, Co Dublin Ireland. You will report to the Senior International Tax Director based in London.
The job will be challenging but highly rewarding. This is an exciting role in a great company in a dynamic industry.
Alongside ensuring accurate and timely indirect tax compliance in EU jurisdictions, your duties will include:
- Supervision and review of indirect tax account reconciliations
- Act as key liaison between indirect tax and other colleagues (general accounting, IT, commercial and legal colleagues) in order to raise profile of VAT compliance, remedy tax issues at source and proactively manage risk.
- Ensuring VAT SOX and internal audit controls are adhered to
- Assistance in closing out indirect tax audits and/or enquiries using external support where necessary
- Staying up-to-date on relevant law changes and advising the business accordingly
- Assisting with the development of VAT logic in IT systems.
- Providing VAT advice, using external advisors where necessary and, co-ordinating VAT projects.
- Suggesting and working on VAT optimisation opportunities
- Ensuring cross-border VAT refund claims are controlled and promptly processed
- Maintaining regular reviews of export sale processes for VAT compliance and mitigation against commercial exposure
- Team management and training
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Post qualification experience in major accounting firm
- In-house VAT management in MNC environment.
- Good working knowledge of VAT law and administrative practices across the EU
- Experience of closing out audits
- An ability to manage and motivate a team of indirect tax accountants
- Be a good communicator, both oral and written
- Accounting systems experience
- Project Management/co-ordination
- Good problem solving skills
A second language (Spanish and/or French) would be beneficial.
- 2 years+ post qualification in multinational finance or tax role
- 2 years+ people management experience
- CTA qualified or in pursuit
- Results driven, action oriented achiever
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Open and flexible attitude to rapidly changing environments and re-prioritization requirements
We Client will offer successful candidates who are overseas a relocation package. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with excellent career opportunities, training & development, a range of Benefits and Incentives such as: Canteen, Gym, staff discount programme and many more.