Social Media Executive
Multi-channel, non-fashion retailer looking for an ambitious, passionate and knowledgeable Social Media Executive to help create and own the Social Media Strategy.
Our client is a multi-channel, non-fashion retailer that has shown durability and ingenuity to perform well in challenging market conditions.
Having been recently acquired, they are now investing heavily to reposition the business and the brand as a pioneer in the home technology market working to an ambitious 5 year plan.
It's a hugely exciting time in a business that prides itself on having a highly motivated and collaborative work-force - if you're a Social Media Executive who wants to make a difference, read on!
Social Media has been identified as a channel integral to the brand-repositioning process. Traditionally, our client hasn't been particularly strong in this field so are looking for an ambitious, passionate and knowledgeable candidate to help create and own the Social Media Strategy
Reporting into the Head of Advertising, the Social Media Executive would be expected to:
- Source write engaging content for social channels to drive brand awareness
- Develop social media as an acquisition channel to attract and convert relevant audience
- Plan, manage and execute long term and spontaneous social media activity aligned to brand strategy
- Support stores at local level, generating relevant content for them and consulting on all things social media related
- Work collaboratively across departments (Advertising, Local, In-Store, Local) to ensure activity is integrated, consistent and amplified appropriately across all channels
The role is suitable for someone with an excellent understanding of social looking for ownership of the channel. Whilst you don't have to have had strategic experience, essential that you have the aptitude for it.
Whilst they have had people in situ previously, there's a chance to step-change their social media capability so innovation and a natural eagerness to challenge the status quo is key.
You'll need to have:
- In depth knowledge of and passion for all things social
- Previous experience of working with social scheduling programmes
- Highly proficient in written English/strong copywriting skills
- Comfortable writing customer facing comms
- Creative flair with the ability to generate original ideas & solutions
- Ability to display initiative
- Strong people skills - able to be productive relationships quickly & work harmoniously as part of a wider team
- Comfortable working on a variety of projects simultaneously, able to prioritise and deliver to competing tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Genuinely exciting and dynamic environment with a chance to get stuck into much more than the job description. If dealing with ambiguity, establishing a new normal and making a difference is important to you, get in touch!
Based Central London, c£33,000