Junior Buyer – Bristol
£18k - £21k
Nisbets is currently looking to appoint a Junior Buyer for Back of House Categories. Reporting to the Senior Buyer for the Back of House product portfolio you will assist the Buyers across areas including Cookware, Utensils, Knives, Disposables and Clothing.
As a Junior Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Support Back of House Buyers with the implementation and execution of Brand strategies in order to develop a suitable product portfolio to support the long term goals of the business.
- Cooperate with Customer Services and Sales to answer any product related queries within the agreed timeframe.
- Support the team in the process of managing relationships with local and global suppliers.
- Perform operational duties including organising sample requests, storage of new product data sheets, test certificates, appropriate copy and images, bar-coding requirements and queries.
- Perform 1st stage analysis of potential cost price amendments.
- Manage the initial set-up and on-going maintenance of new Contract Specific products.
- Support the Stock Control department by ensuring out of stocks are minimised by advising on product substitutions and secondary source options.
- Cooperating with the Warehouse teams to resolve any Goods-In queries (Barcodes, damages, shortages, delivery of incorrect products).
- Support the Technical department, alongside Buyers, to ensure minimal product returns.
- Cooperate with Purchase Ledger to investigate invoice queries and implement suitable resolution.
To apply for this role your experience and skills should preferably include:
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Product Life-cycle and leadtimes.
- Developed planning and organisation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
Nisbets is the UK’s largest supplier of catering equipment, supplying customers in the UK and around the world.
Since Andrew Nisbet started the Company more than 30 years ago, we have grown exponentially in the UK and continue to expand throughout the world with offices in France, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Australia.
We generate nearly a quarter of a billion pounds in sales revenue annually, making us the largest and clear leader in our sector. Through our colleagues’ professionalism and dedication we continue to outperform the market and our future is as bright as ever. We are a diverse and fast-moving business with ambitious plans for the future and recognise that every single one of our colleagues plays a big part in our success.
We recruit only the very best; we don’t believe our customers deserve anything less.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be suitable for this role and to join Nisbets please forward your CV and click Apply Now.