Audio Visual Manager
- Technical solution design, support, specification and costings for client event and hire requirements.
- Site survey, following client liaison or brief from other staff members, prior to raising a quotation.
- Supervise other technicians in the department, taking responsibility, as required, for their day to day activities.
- Test, prepare, supply, deliver and set up audio visual hire equipment to the client.
- Set up and, if required, operate the AV equipment at the show/conferences/event.
- De-rig and return the AV hire equipment to the Hire & Events Department.
- Represent the company with site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors, suppliers, partners, venues, agencies, artists, production houses as required.
- Day to day liaison between Company Depts., Sales, Production & Operation Teams and Warehouse regarding audio and video equipment and crew requirements
- Event project planning and scheduling.
- Health and Safety Management and prepare H&S documentation, as required, for events.Writing Risk Assessments & Fire Assessments for shows. Post event reporting and analysis as required.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibilities
- Supervise AV hire/event technicians and contract staff.
- Maintain a supervisory attitude with a total awareness of Health and Safety responsibilities when on client sites and/or external venues.
- Management of specialist suppliers to include rigging, set & stage etc.
- Budget management for all allocated hires and events.
- Experienced in audio visual project management/coordination.
- Display an excellent understanding of audio and video equipment used within the events industry and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the project management and coordination, including the installation and operation of, all aspects of audio visual equipment in the live events industry, particularly conferences, roadshows and awards.
- Able to hit the ground running, be able to work under pressure, be outgoing, client facing, have a can do attitude, be forward thinking and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Possess very good technical understanding of; audio & video equipment used on events, signal paths and connectivity and strong experience and knowledge of audio and video system design.
- Experience and competency in fault finding of temporary audio and video installations.
- Experience and knowledge of large scale projection, conferences, Mac & VT playback.
- Good understanding of MS Office, Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Ideally, experience of LED displays, media servers, video processing systems such as Encore, E2 or Spyder, and media content production.
Training & Requirements
- Health & Safety Induction at branch upon first starting employment: Manual Handling, Risk Assessments, Fire Assessments etc.
- In-house and external AV product training as and when identified by Management or personally requested.
- Maintain a good working knowledge and accept training on any new equipment or new office systems and procedures.