Incident Manager - Information Security
£58,000 - £72,000 p/a + excellent benefits (Grade D)
Manchester City Centre
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. We're re-building our business to make it fit for the future, and our Information Security (InfoSec) team has a vital role to play in this transformation. It's never been more important for us to protect our business, our members and our customers, so we're investing in people and technology to really develop our information security capabilities. Now we need to recruit a talented InfoSec Incident Manager to join us and help shape the information security strategy in our complex, socially responsible business. If you can bring us the unique mixture of technical know-how and amazing people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that really does put people at the heart of its strategy.
As an InfoSec Incident Manager at the Co-op, you'll be responsible for coordinating the response to actual or suspected breaches, preserving the integrity of Co-op data and protecting our information systems from attack. It's an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing team. The next generation of information security is coming and we need talented people to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
What you'll do:
- Act as our go-to person for information security incidents big or small
- Lead InfoSec incident management and investigations across our business units
- Support InfoSec teams and business units to drive good preparation and compliance with plans, safeguards and policies
- Act as a subject matter expert, with up-to-date knowledge on emerging, existing and evolving threats
To be successful as our InfoSec Incident Manager, you'll need a proven track record in incident management, and a finger on the pulse of the latest industry developments. A strong understanding of InfoSec best practices and tools is essential, but great technical skills alone won't get you through. We'll also need you to be a great communicator. Someone who can build strong, productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll bring:
- InfoSec incident management experience in a large, complex organisation, with the expert knowledge to challenge or validate technology decisions
- Experience in the set-up and implementation of incident management procedures, and in managing security threats and forensic investigations
- A CISSP/CISM/CEH/CHFI qualification (or equivalent) and a thorough understanding of ISO27000 series and PCI-DSS standards
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to challenge & influence at all levels
We're going back to being Co-op
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that's never been more important or relevant than it is today.
That's why we're going back to being Co-op. We want to change the world all over again, and we hope you'd like to join us on our journey. If you believe in our purpose, and you're passionate about helping us protect our customers, colleagues and communities, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.
Please note that due to the 24/7 nature of our business and its supporting infrastructure, this role will involve some non-standard working hours, including evenings and weekends