Internal Audit SOX consultant- £40-50K
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SOX consultant within the Risk Advisory & Assurance Services department at one of the UK's leading leisure companies. The overall purpose of the role is to facilitate the completion of the Sarbanes-Oxley program to ensure that management meet their regulatory requirements in ensuring internal controls over financial reporting are designed properly and operating effectively.
Some of the key responsibilities the successful candidate will do are as follows:
- Serve as the key SOX point of contact for staff, business process and control owners, external auditors and SOX Committee.
- Perform the annual SOX scoping process to ensure appropriate coverage for Carnival UK.
- Perform walkthroughs of high risk and changed processes to assess adequacy of control design.
- Develop and communicate the annual SOX timeline to include testing and certification deadlines.
- Oversee testing administration.
- Develop and lead training sessions for SOX process owners and control owners as required.
- Liaise with management to ensure flowcharts, controls and test details are understood to support ownership of SOX controls.
- Act as an ambassador to promote sound financial control (in conjunction with the Financial Control team).
- Prepare written deliverables for the SOX committee and present on SOX testing status and progress, with deficiencies identified, action items, unremediated deficiencies and items of concern etc.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field (ACA/ACCA preferred) with experience working in a large company environment or a Big 4 accounting / audit firm, ideally with 1-2 years auditing exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley and will possess the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise requirements.
- Proven ability to meet stringent reporting deadlines
Please apply with your CV for more information on the role.