Propositions Manager - based in Central London
Paying up to £80,000 per annum + fantastic benefits including 2 different pension schemes, Private Medical Insurance, 4 x Salary Life Assurance, Income Protection and Discretionary Bonus
A market leading highly established investment management firm in Central London is looking to appoint an experienced Propositions Manager to take responsibility for the Propositions team and be the subject matter expert in the platform team in terms of the detail and implementation of current and new developments.
This role will have a number of specific areas of direct responsibility, usually in the form of defined projects plus have the responsibility to work closely with the rest of the platform team to share knowledge and ensure that that the overall platform proposition is being developed in alignment to the overall business strategy.
Aim of the role is to develop proposition deliverables and contribute to defined projects, working alongside with the wider team to ensure a coherent strategy. The role will be responsible for designing and implementing proposition developments from feature developments, user experience and the digital product offering.
The role will also have the responsibility for managing and liaising with third party partners including financial planning software providers, product providers and fund data providers. The role will be both outward looking, working closely with clients and also inward looking working closely with the IT and Change team.
- Preparing and maintaining a proposition roadmap and ensuring this fits into the division’s wider change management agenda and resource profile ?
- Ongoing competitor analysis to assess where propositional changes are appropriate ?
- Recommending propositional changes to the head of the appropriate service, supported by appropriate analysis ?
- Responsibility for driving changes to the proposition, including: ?
o Ongoing assessment of the range of products and services?
o Ongoing review of the user interface, working with Change Management to scope requirements for platform changes?
o Regular review of the pricing strategy, recommending changes where appropriate?
o Planning and coordinating propositional changes required in response to external changes such as regulation and competitor activity
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes to understand the impact on the proposition ?
- Co-ordinating input from other parts of the business, including Change Management, Marketing, Compliance, Finance and Operations ?
- Working with each relevant sales and servicing team understand issues with clients, service and user interface and driving efficient resolution of these issues in conjunction with Operations and the platform provider ?
Key Skills: ?
- Client focused proposition analysis methodology ?
- Ability to listen to various sponsors and subject matter experts to translate ideas into documents which can be understood by the business analyst team who will provide the required documentation to the build team
- Excellent understanding of regulatory requirements including TCF
- Ability to propose potential solutions to meet client needs
- Ability to develop business cases
- Attention to detail
- Change control
- Committed team player with excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Demonstrable track record of success
- Experience of retail investments and investment management (including operational knowledge) would be advantageous
- In depth knowledge of the UK platform market, including the regulatory environment
- Expert knowledge in the direct to consumer market across all consumer groups with a particular focus on HNW
- Ideally knowledge of discretionary management services
- Understanding of the advice process and advisory market in the UK
- Excellent knowledge of regulation and policy knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of e-business, especially in applications to Financial Advisers
- Experience of preparing proposition specifications and client journeys
- Good knowledge of software packages required to produce the required documentation including Visio
- Product Management course is desirable