My client is a highly successful, multinational company which is a world leader in their field.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious Buyer to work full time with a salary of approximately of £30,000 per annum depending on experience, based in Petersfield. You will be primarily responsible for tendering, ordering and performance monitoring the major sub-contracts of the company projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Tendering sub-contract and major supplier packages of company construction projects.
- Placing purchase orders with correct specifications and conditions.
- Execute authorisation procedure for purchase orders where applicable.
- Expediting orders where required, and communicating with colleagues on delivery dates.
- Monitor and report on sub-contractor and supplier performance.
- Make claims against sub-contractors and suppliers for quality issues as and when they arise and drive improvements to avoid reoccurrence.
- Manage the PRP system.
- Liaise with technical, bid team and project management to ensure the best possible preparation and accuracy of tender packages.
The successful candidate must have;
- First class communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and suppliers
- Continuous improvement and corrective/preventative action techniques.
- Working knowledge of PRP procedures.
- Working knowledge of BSI quality standards.
- Microsoft Office to intermediate level.
- Negotiation skills in order to meet requirements at budgeted costs.
- Management reports, auditing and presentation skills
- A level, NVQ or HND level, or equivalent standard of experience.
Elite Staffing Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on this vacancy.