SJD Accountancy are the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, Limited company accountancy services to contractors. Due to expansion we now have an opportunity for a Technical Accountant to join a new team within the Head office.
As the Technical Accountant you will play a key part of the business working alongside the Chief Technical Accountant providing technical support for Operations staff which will include providing advice and supporting complex complaints.
- Research accounting and tax legislation for development opportunities for the business and to ensure that Operations staff are aware of changes to provide relevant advice to clients.
- Responsible for the Technical content production of Budget and autumn statement briefing for clients including follow-on communication.
- Act as a representative of the business within forums and social media using your knowledge to support the brand when clients.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining a list of frequently answered questions and articles relating to technical topics raised by customers on the company intranet.
- Responsible for Anti-Money Laundering across the group, as part of the technical accounting team.
- Responsible for tracking and managing high-level complaints across the business and ensuring training and processes are updated to improve service.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients as needed.
- Responsible for creating and enabling face to face technical training to support staff CPD.
- Responsible for creating/reviewing technical training for new staff entering roles to be utilised by Area and Team Managers to support induction of staff.
- General accounting experience and experience of providing tax advice to customers (internal or external)
- Detailed knowledge of Revenue guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Prior experience in holding training sessions
- Good time management and organisation skills
Qualified ideally in either ACCA or CTA