Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £20k – £30k dependant on experience
Our client's company provide dynamic multi-disciplinary building consultancy services delivering quality professional expertise and advice to clients across a diverse range of business sectors throughout the UK and Internationally. To support their continued growth they are seeking driven individuals with a commitment to delivering real value whilst meeting the needs of their customers.
Opportunities exist for Assistant Quantity Surveyors to join our client's London office to work on projects predominantly in the retail sector. Successful candidates will be working as part of a large Quantity Surveying team of all levels. Successful candidates will initially be mentored by a senior member of staff with a view to undertaking duties on a variety of schemes.
Candidates must have a degree in BSc Quantity Surveying (or equivalent) ideally with RICS accreditation, with 2+ years’ experience and able to demonstrate a proven track record within both pre and post contract delivery alongside excellent communication skills with all levels of staff both internally and within client organisations. A great team and work ethic are essential as our client are looking for efficient, goal driven, engaging individuals who prioritise innovation and flexibility.
Candidates must be fluent in English with previous work experience in the UK and be based in London or be able to commute on a daily basis.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, where you can make a real impact on the business going forward. They are looking for engaging individuals who prioritise honesty and integrity and are hardworking, efficient and goal driven whilst maintaining an open mind, and being capable of innovation and flexibility.
Successful candidates will be offered excellent career development opportunities supported by our client's varied and challenging workload. Our client is committed to the continuous professional development of all their staff and they provide a range of professional training programmes and support for staff at all levels including those requiring support to obtain relevant academic or professional qualifications such as MRICS.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Key Responsibilities:
- Day to day project assistance to Quantity Surveyors in the delivery of projects
- Analysing construction cost information and reporting on findings, often including negotiation
- Utilise and develop key project documents (Tender Reports, Cost Reports, etc.)
- Prepare project specific Tender and Contract Documentation
- Understand and maintain awareness of the different Building Contracts available and corresponding legislation
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Desired Skills:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to Quantity Surveying and the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- First-rate literacy and numeracy skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Time management and leadership skills
- Commitment, enthusiasm and work ethic
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel
- General IT proficiency
- General knowledge of current industry developments
- Any local market knowledge would be highly advantageous
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Assistant Quantity Surveyor role then please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Please note that to be appointed to this role candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.