SQL DBA - Birmingham
Capita, FTSE 100 and the UKs leading business process outsourcer have an opportunity for a SQL DBA to join our Application Support team providing support and enhancements to Birmingham City Council's application estate.
The role is based in our offices in Lancaster Circus and on top of you basic salary also offers an on call allowance (1 week in 5) and overtime.
About Capita | Service Birmingham
Service Birmingham is a joint venture company jointly owned by Birmingham City Council and Capita which provides all the Council's information technology, as well as running the council tax and business rates administration service.
We work in partnership with Birmingham City Council to deliver innovative solutions that have improved local services.
Your experience will include:
- SQL Server database administration including backup/recovery, high availability (failover clustering, availability groups), disaster recovery (log shipping, database mirroring), security and optimisation.
- Experience with SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Experience supporting ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL scripts and skilled in PowerShell scripting
- Design, develop, maintain and manage the technical delivery of database developments.
- To provide primary support for all production and development environments and upgrade to new versions as required.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.