Corporate Recovery Administrator
Insolvency Administrator Location: Leeds or Manchester
The Restructuring services team deal with administrations, receiverships, and liquidations, proceeds of crime and personal insolvencies. The purpose of the role is to be responsible for a varied case load reporting to the senior members.
• Setting up new cases on IPS (Restructuring services software) and preparing all relevant paperwork for new cases.
• Prepare routine correspondence and meet statutory filing deadlines.
• A full understanding of the IPS diary system and the importance of meeting deadlines.
• Deal with initial notices to Registrar of Companies, court, advertisements and reports to creditors following appointment.
• Set up creditors and debtors on IPS and maintain creditors and debtors files with up to date control schedules, dealing with creditor queries and disputes.
• Agree routine preferential and non-preferential creditor claims and assist with issuing distributions to creditors.
• Prepare reports and notices for annual and final meetings, incorporating managers' comments on case specific issues.
• Take minutes of statutory meetings.
• Complete and submit post insolvency VAT and corporation tax returns.
• Assist senior members with retention of title claims.
• Control the collection of debts, dealing with routine disputes.
• Preparation of documents for cash-book receipts and payments. Review incoming invoices and arrange payment as necessary.
• Arrange for control and custody of company records.
• Provide assistance to the team when appointed on trading jobs.
• Complete the investigations into the company’s affairs and submit the relevant return to The Insolvency Service.
• Manage the day to running of each assignment providing feedback on the progress of each assignment to the manager/partner and keep all other staff involved in the assignment fully informed of relevant developments.
• Be proactive in dealing with outstanding matters on the assignments.