One of my client is urgently looking for a Frontend developer for a perm position in Holborn, London. The role involves setting up new clients on the company’s Freestyle Merchandising ("FSM") platform,
making changes for existing clients and providing technical support to the client services team for
troubleshooting issues. There will also be some ad hoc development work on internal systems as and
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Setting new clients up on the FSM system as per the requirements specification, this usually
- Creating and updating tickets and liaising with the Company’s Project Managers throughout
- the site build.
- Testing of the new site build prior to handing it over for formal QA.
- Occasionally provide support for client technical resources during the site build.
- go live.
- Liaising with the support team to troubleshoot and resolve queries that they cannot resolve
- Assist with implementation of improvements to processes and documentation where
- Providing occasional ad hoc support and development time for other areas of the business.
This role requires an outstanding individual, who will take ownership of the varied work stream and
would thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The technology that FSM provides is cutting
edge and the role would be a good stepping stone to getting involved with some of the more
complicated technical components of the system.
Essential technical skills
- A relevant degree or experience
- Experience with web based applications
- Experience in ASP.NET with C#
- ASP.NET 2.0 and above
- Object-oriented development methodologies
Desirable tech skills
- Experience of code repositories (SVN/VSTS) in a Windows environment
- Experience with search engines, e.g. Elasticsearch, Sphinx, Solr, Xapian
- Magento experience
- Unix/Linux experience
- Unit Testing
- Dev Ops
Qualities and experience required
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills
- Confidence to take ownership and initiative
- Demonstrates thoroughness and attention to detail
- Experience with retail software/ecommerce systems desirable
- Hard working
- Calm demeanour and the ability to cope under pressure
- Can self-manage and is organised, able to take responsibility for work un-supervised.
- Able to gather requirements and communicate with non-technical staff.