Field Service Engineer
Our client is a world-class parking solutions provider. They are an established manufacturer and are rapidly expanding globally.They are an award winning company who invest in their staff and continually invent and commit to ecodesign and environmental impact reduction.
They now require a Field Service Engineer to cover key contracts in and around their North London region, primarily working from home you should ideally reside inside the M25 or very close ( within 15 minutes from North London;you will travel to customer sites further afield. )
- You will install, commission, service, repair and provide PPM on a range of car parking solution technology - networked electro-mechanical systems.
- You will work to response / fix times.
- Complete the required paperwork - time sheets, service reports, installation reports and control stock levels.
- Carry out technical upgrades and site surveys and provide telephone technical support for customers.
- Contribute to a service minded and client oriented approach focused upon the end-user's satisfaction.
- To apply you should have experience in a service or field service or site / technical support role, working on electronics, electro-mechanical or PC-controlled capital equipment.
- Ideally, but not essentially, you will have a technical qualification, such as City & Guilds 224, 236, NVQ / ONC / OND / HNC or HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- You should have strong board level electronics fault finding and service skills and good PC hardware knowledge.
- Experience of repairing and installing networked car parking systems / solutions / off street / pay on foot equipment, barriers, gates / gating, ANPR, automatic doors, access control or ticketing / machines, note validators, coin mechanisms or fare automation systems is advantageous.
- Alternatively you may have worked on capital equipment in the transportation / Automatic Fare Collection or vending, security systems, access control, EPOS, ATM, gaming / leisure, office equipment or PC sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation, who constantly invests the latest technologies to ensure they remain at the forefront of their market. Their order book is solid. Turnover in the department is very low and a good team culture exists.
This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your engineering career within an innovative company and opportunities exist for career minded engineers to progress to technical support, supervisory and management roles in the future.
A competitive basic salary of £22,000 p.a. - Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours + overtime + stand-by which should take earnings to c. £30,000 p.a.) + Bonus + 25 days holidays + choice of company car or van inc personal use + phone + laptop + PPE + life assurance + pension scheme - employer contributes up to 6% + medical plan available after qualifying period