Temporary (until February 2018) - Fulltime
Salary: £20,985 - £23,604
What it’s about
Helpdesk Analysts are vital to Cambridge English Language Assessment; offering first-line customer support to exam centres, candidates and teachers based all over the world. For many customers, speaking to a Helpdesk Analyst is their first experience of the organisation, so we need great people who are able to make an excellent first-impression. If you’re enthusiastic, friendly, passionate about customer service and looking to work within a great team, this may be the job for you!
What you’ll be doing
As a Helpdesk Analyst, your day-to-day tasks would include:
• Providing world-class customer support to customers all over the world via email, phone, web-chat and social media.
• Answering a broad variety of queries about our exams, both for the candidates taking them and the exam centres running them, quickly and accurately.
• Providing first-line technical support to customers using our websites and systems.
• Talking to numerous other teams within the business to make sure the Helpdesk has all of the information needed to answer queries first-line.
• Helping to write and maintain articles on our support site - an online help site where customers can find useful documentation and answers to common questions.
What we’re looking for
The right person for this job will have:
• Experience of working in a customer-service environment. Experience of working on a Helpdesk would be an advantage.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a very high-level of English.
• A customer-focused approach in all of your work.
You’ll also need to be:
• Confident using a PC, so that you can answer queries quickly and utilise the tools available to help you. Experience supporting customers using websites or other technical systems would be an advantage.
• Creative in your approach to problems; able to find solutions to problems that we may never have encountered before.
• Able to cope under pressure. Like many customer-service roles, it can get really busy at times and you’ll need to make sure the level of service you offer remains excellent at all times.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required during busy periods.
Who we are
Cambridge English Language Assessment is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 February 2017. You may be asked to complete a short recorded video interview after you apply. Formal interviews will be held on 7 March 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer