Technical Specialist - Middleware
About The Role
What are we looking for?
The Middleware and Platform Team are looking for a Middleware Specialist to work as part of a team delivering a strategic project portfolio and on-going operational management in a mission critical environment.
You will be working under the direction of the Senior Middleware Technical Specialist and Project Manager to undertake the build, implementation and configuration of Middleware solutions to meet Business requirements and IT roadmaps.
You will assist in the production and maintenance of technical documentation and operational procedures; aligning to standards and policies; as well as providing the effective transition, delivery and on-going support of solutions in business as usual day to day operations.
This will also involve providing guidance and training as well as out of hours support as required to meet operational IT needs.
- Experience of IBM Websphere MQ administration, configuration and support
- Experience of IBM Integration Bus administration, configuration and support
- Experience of running solutions on Linux (preferably Red Hat) including command line activities.
- Shell Scripting skills
- Experience of IBM DataPower administration, configuration and support
- Experience of IBM API Management administration, configuration and support
- Appreciation of real time systems integration and Service Oriented Architecture
- Appreciation in designing, building, deploying and supporting high availability Enterprise Service Bus solutions
- Performance tuning and monitoring middleware solutions
- Appreciation in Adobe Application Experience Manager, including installation, configuration, deployment and support.
Where training or development needs are identified, we will provide the necessary learning activities to ensure that you can undertake the actions required by this role, as well as providing opportunities to progress within the Society.
About the team:
As a team, we work really closely with each other and various areas of IT. This enables us to maintain a ‘family’ feel to what we do; you’ll support, care and succeed together. Within this close-knit team, you’ll have opportunities to grow with us and to play a key part in a thriving, growing organisation – you’ll feel like you belong. Appealing, right?
That’s not all! We’re passionate about what we do, whether this is conducting our key processes, making change happen to procedures or supporting the local community.
You’ll take pride in being here, and to make sure that you can cram all of this into a typical week as a Middleware Technical Specialist we are closely aligned to the Society values. These are designed to make sure you’ll do what’s right and we deliver our main promise; putting members first.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.