Business Development Executive
To act as internal support to the vendor business lead to drive profitable market share growth through business planning execution, pipeline management and deep sales floor and customer enablement and engagement.
- Engages with the Business Unit and/or General sales floor, running desk training, tool training and driving product mindshare
- Support development of strategies and ideas to assist business growth
- Ownership for building an accurate and detailed pipeline of deals within the Company's CRM system (Compass)
- Weekly reporting to the vendor on sell-out activity, tracking performance of promotional activities and the deal pipeline
- Support execution of business plans as required by the business development manager
- Support execution of marketing plans as required by the Marketing Manager
- Identify training opportunities within customers and internal sales teams and address accordingly
- The point of escalation for customer care issues from the sales floor
- Provide direction for the development and maintenance of web tools such as InTouch, Licensing Online (LOL) as well as vendor microsites and online configurators
- Communicate product information, pricing, special offers and promotions to customers and the internal sales teams
- Run call out days on the sales floor and/or the Business Unit sales teams
- Promote and sell Tech Data's e-business services through the sales floor and/or Business Unit sales teams
- Engage directly with customers depending on role requirements
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Customer Focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Influencing sales teams
- Building structured sales activity
- High energy and motivating
- Ability to develop a knowledge of product and technology portfolio
- IT industry knowledge - Channel, Vendors and Competition
- Experience of SAP R3 and Business Warehouse would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Telephone sales skills
- Degree in a business related subject is desirable / an advantage
Companies like HP, Apple, Cisco. Samsung and Microsoft - and hundreds of others - depend on Tech Data to bring many of their products to market. Without a distribution function, supported by a wide range of technical and business support services, many products you use would never find their way to market, and odds are that the hardware and software in your home or office has passed through our warehouses on its way to market.
Are you looking for a career? A career with an established market leader?
Here at Tech Data we are looking for ambitious people from all backgrounds to join us in sales, admin and customer service roles. With a proven pathway of progression, competitive salaries and a working environment where great personalities thrive, we want to be the platform to give your career that winning edge.
Here are our key stats:
* Over 40 years of success in our field
* $27.7 billion sales last year
* Ranked 107 on the Fortune 500
* 9000 employees worldwide
If the above gets your attention your next step is to contact us for further information - We'd love to speak to you!