BSI Assessor & Tutor Academy Course Developer - 12 month FTC
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 81,000 clients operating in 180 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
An excellent opportunity for a BSI Assessor & Tutor Academy Course Developer that will either be based in our offices in Milton Keynes or home based.
About the Role:
To design and develop high quality training products for internal use by BSI’s Assessor & Tutor Academy. The role includes both the development of new courses, and the maintenance of existing courses through training product updates and revisions.
The scope of the position encompasses all methods of delivery, including (but not limited to): instructor-led training, virtual training, eLearning, blended learning and distance learning. As the incumbent, you will report directly to the Assessor & Tutor Development Manager, and work closely with the Assessor & Tutor Academy Technical Expert and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
To successfully perform the role, you will use your course development expertise to create engaging and effective content that successfully achieves the identified learning outcomes. Experience of developing eLearning is essential, while knowledge of learning platforms and mobile learning technologies is highly desired. You will also ensure that development projects are completed on time by project managing SME’s closely.
As the Assessor & Tutor Academy Course Developer, you will be a key member of the Assessor & Tutor Academy, and play an integral role in driving the growth and quality of BSI’s global certification business.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning methodologies (such as Accelerated Learning)
- Experience of developing both instructor-led and eLearning courses
- Exceptional use of MS Office, specifically: PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written skills, including strong use of grammar and writing styles
- High attention to detail, including formatting, editing and proofreading
- Ability to troubleshoot course design and development problems
- Ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Manage workloads effectively, including balancing scheduling conflicts and changing development priorities
- Creative and innovative in course design and development
- Understands concepts quickly and accurately
- Well organised and self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.