Manager - Risk Forecasting
To produce provisioning and impairment forecast numbers for our existing cards portfolio and proposed products suits, drawing on expertise from the team and working closely with Finance and other Senior Stakeholders as part of a small but highly skilled team. To help imbed a new model and reporting regime under a new Regulatory Standard IFRS 9. To produce impairment forecast numbers in accordance with policies and procedures for existing products, which allow for efficient reporting and good and timely management decisions that feed into the quarterly forecasts and the budgeting process at the year end.
- Provision Forecast - the production of the provision forecast numbers and comparison against budgets, to facilitate the production of the quarterly forecasts, budgets and the Strategic Plan.
- Economic Outlook - perform detailed analysis of impacts to provision rates as a result of the agreed internal economic outlook for sign-off and inclusion, for review by management.
- IFRS 9 - in time to be fully competent with the running and maintenance of internal IFRS 9 models being built for implementation.
- Insight - provide detailed analysis of provision forecast and comparison against budgets and prepare for commentary. Investigate anomalies in trends and data to reach a recommendable conclusion.
- Communication - be able to communicate effectively and verbally the results of analysis, by using various medium (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Governance - be aware of and conform to the governance requirements to produce the numbers accurately and in a timely fashion.
Skills Knowledge Qualifications & Experience
- Education - University degree level or similar, with highly numerate and analytical content, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics and Engineering etc.
- Analytic - demonstrable experience within an analytic function, such as Impairment Management, Decision Science or Risk Analytics.
- MS Office - must be highly competent with all MS Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), being particularly skilled in Excel.
- Planning - the candidate should have good planning skills to manage own workload, and have the ability to anticipate challenges and be nimble towards change.
- Regulation - an appreciation of the requirements of IAS's and IFRS's in the context of impairments and provision would be helpful.
- Problem Solving - good logical and methodical approach to solving problems
- Independent - be able to work unsupervised, with a high level of self-motivation when required, to the highest standard within challenging deadlines.
- Experience - experience in unsecured or secured consumer credit lending in the UK
- Accountancy - a recognised accountancy qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is helpful, or studying towards one may be useful.
- Coding - coding experience (SAS, SQL or similar packages)