Assistant Finance Director
Our client, a private provider of skills training and apprenticeships, is looking to appoint an Assistant Finance Director to a brand-new role created to act as 2IC to the Finance Director.
The Assistant Finance Director will have responsibility for:
- Overseeing the work of a Financial Accountant and Accounts Assistant, ensuring close, detailed monitoring and assessment of the preparation of balance sheets, accruals, pre-payments etc.
- Carrying out the subsequent analysis of these reports and other MI data, then presenting value-add identification of potential issues and solutions, or commentary on the performance of different business units
- Supporting on the credit control function
- Managing the fixed asset register
- Participating in the general monthly accounting cycle
As a new role, the Assistant Finance Director’s responsibilities are expected to evolve and increase over time. It is thus vital that the successful candidate is prepared to be flexible and versatile, and be hands-on when required.
There is potential for a senior finance professional to 'step up’ into this role, rather than having worked at this level previously. This could be a senior finance manager, or someone within a senior accountancy role.
The successful candidate must have:
- experience within the training or further education sector, specifically with an understanding of apprenticeships. Applicants from a skills/education funding body are welcomed
- experience within a commercial environment (ideally)
- Strong analytical ability of financial and other MI data, with a proven ability to draw value-add conclusions and present possible solutions to any issues
- strong IT skills (particularly Excel)
- Confidence presenting at all levels, including Board
- Relevant finance or accounting qualification (degree-level or ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc)
- Enthusiasm, ambition, resilience, strength of character, collaborative team-worker