Business Development Manager
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Birmingham - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £26,000 (rising to £30,000 subject to achievement of targets and successful completion of probation) ++
Package: Bonus, Car allowance, Excellent holiday entitlement, Pension + much more!
Type: Full-time, Permanent
KM are currently recruiting on behalf of a private Training Provider who is looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to grow and develop employer relations throughout Birmingham and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will adopt a consultative approach and offer a range of services to employers in order to increase learner participation to Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Commercial Training programmes.
Essential Experience required for this role:
This role requires candidates to have proven experience of promoting Apprenticeships / Commercial Training within the WBL sector.
- Identify and engage with employers via cold calling, meetings, presentations and events to promote our clients wide range of Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Commercial Training programmes and source eligible candidates.
- Engage with businesses/decision makers to identify training needs, secure new/repeat business and promote our client as the Training Provider of choice.
- Generate a pipeline through warm and cold leads.
- Undertake Organisational Needs Analysis and design / develop workforce training and Apprenticeship programmes to match employers needs.
- Keep up to date with competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, evaluating the market and scoping out new opportunities
- Work with senior management in order to meet your target and growth plan for the area.
- Attend regular networking events to develop business opportunities.
- Report sales data and forecasts on a regular basis
- Work to monthly targets based on starts
- Promoting the benefits of undertaking training to employers and existing workforce - overcoming barriers and giving advice and guidance to the most suitable avenue.
- Cross sell other products, seizing all opportunities to offer clients a well-rounded service.
- Experience of working within a Business Development / Sales role within the training industry SFA / WBL
- Excellent knowledge of government funding streams / programmes / work based learning
- Proven experience of negotiating / winning / closing new business
- Excellent communication skills - presentation, written and verbal
- Exceptional sales, marketing and networking skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle - you must be flexible with travel
Our client is looking for a team player, with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, a natural sales professional with fire in their belly!!
KM will contact you within 4 days if we feel your experience matches the criteria for this vacancy, or any other roles we have. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then your application is unfortunately unsuccessful. KM receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates.