Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit a Finance Manager for a truly global FTSE 100 service organisation in Manchester. The business has grown year on year through acquisition and organic growth and boasts a very healthy turnover and profits.
Reporting to the Financial Controller with a dotted line into the Head of Financial Operations, this is a key position that will be tasked to assist the Financial Controller in the finalisation of monthly financial reporting whilst driving a strong culture of Financial Control within the team.
You will be asked to provide financial analysis, control, support to the business on opex and capex reporting and take ownership of capitalisation of costs and processes, driving improvements and challenge over the monthly close process.
Key duties of the role will be:-
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for capex across a number of legal entities. Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of month end close actuals minimising late adjustment whilst advising stakeholders and senior management of potential issues. Ensure that actuals/ forecast are properly reconciled and differences understood. Development of controls framework around these capitalisation processes.
- Take responsibility for the understanding of, accounting for, reviewing and challenging reconciliation processes and overseeing capex reporting.
- Preparation and ownership of fixed asset reporting, providing capex reporting and reviewing of balance sheet reconciliations to tight reporting timetables.
- Manage remote relationship with key stakeholders such as Group Finance and Procurement, liaising on ad hoc queries as required
- Become the go to person in relation to the Oracle Projects and Microsoft projects, providing training, improving configuration and driving improvements to reporting functionality to improve financial control of capex reporting.
- Manage and develop a team of 4 colleagues at various stages of qualification.
- Prepare Monthly and Year End reporting packs with particular focus on Capex and Fixed asset reporting for legal entities as required to high standard. Review reconciliations as required and contribute to internal and external auditors, and audit processes.
- Develop enhanced monthly Management information
- Become a champion for change identifying and implementing improvements to the close process whilst maintaining a strong focus on Financial Control to improve the timeliness and accuracy of the close process.
- To be a key contributor in the implementation of a Microsoft projects to drive improved financial reporting and control.
- Develop and deliver clear, concise balance sheet and P&L reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Business Units and Head of Financial Operations as required.
A full job specification is available
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) with experience of CAPEX and fixed asset accounting coupled with management of a small team.
You will have experience of financial analysis and reporting, an interest in understanding complex systems and working with large volumes of data, Oracle General Ledger and Sub Ledger experience.
Good Knowledge of Microsoft Projects and Oracle projects is desirable as well as a working knowledge of FRS101 and IFRS and experience in continuous process improvements.
Due to the multi-faceted nature of this position it is necessary that the successful individual has skills in influencing at senior level, managing deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking and priorities.
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills and the ability to influence are a must. Likewise, proven experience of managing and developing a small team to drive business performance is required.
If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on .
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.