Team Leader with Deputising Responsibilities
Bredon House is a community based accommodation and personalised support service for young people aged 18+ with autistic spectrum conditions (ASC), mild to moderate learning disabilities and complex needs. The position of Team Leader with Deputising Responsibilities is within commuting distance of Malvern, Upton On Severn, Stourport, Pershore, Ledbury, Bromyard, Tewkesbury, Droitwich, Bromsgrove and parts of Birmingham. Starting salary £22,000 p.a.
Options Group employ 1200 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of care and education services to children and adults with autism, complex needs and behavioural, emotional and social difficulties. Due to the breadth of our services we are able to adapt to the needs of the individual at different points in time. This enables us to provide a range of care options within a journey of support for our young people and their families. We share every step of that journey with them.
As a Team Leader with Deputising Responsibilities you will take full responsibility for the management of the Home in absence of the Registered Manager. To provide the highest quality of care and support to Service Users in accordance with the Company policies, procedures and practices and standards set by the Regulatory Body.
- Experience of working with individuals with an ASC diagnosis.
- Have experience of supervising, leading and motivating teams
- Proven ability to use initiative and make decisions in the absence of management.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of company policies and procedures
- Ability to delegate effectively using the strengths of individuals within the teams and the ability to prioritise work load and complete tasks within agreed time scales.
- Keen to work with young people and adults with autism and associated difficulties
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Ideally hold a valid UK driving licence or have transport to and from work
"Options is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment"