Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join their team. You will be based in the South East of England covering a number of hotels. You will be on a full time permanent contract with a highly competitive salary of up to £26,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
To provide a quality maintenance service to our hotels for the benefit of our customers, ensuring that we keep our hotels well maintained and rooms available for sale.
What you’ll be doing as our Maintenance Engineer
- Complete quality maintenance (reactive and planned works) within hotels, in your geographical area of responsibility ensuring that the hotels are consistently well maintained to brand standard.
- Protect business revenue by ensuring timely and quality response to any jobs that are off line rooms.
- Consistently deliver a first time quality fix on all jobs and work to achieve to KPI’s.
- Observe safe working practise and comply with all health & safety legislation.
- Develop strong working relationships with the hotel operations teams ensuring that the customer is key focus.
What we’ll expect from our Maintenance Engineer
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced trade person in any discipline; passionate about customer service and delivering results. You will feel comfortable understanding and working within hotels and seeing the impact that the role has.
Key Skills required to become our Maintenance Engineer
- Experience of any trade (plumbing, electrical, joinery, painting and decoration)
- Has attention to detail and has pride in delivering quality workmanship
- Has ability to self-start and prioritise jobs
- Ability to work as part of a team, however is self -motivated as role does involve lone working
- Strong communication skills to develop strong working relationships
- Good understanding of Google IT systems
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and take part in the maintenance bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts, as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
You can expect full training in your role with a detailed induction programme on joining the company. Career progression is encouraged, whether that be to a different support centre role or into a hotel team.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Maintenance Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!