Senior Media Officer
Senior Media Officer - PR, public relations, media, public affairs, stakeholder engagement, media, communication officer, press office, press officer
Brighton - Circa £45,450
Our client, an organisation who is responsible for the management of work-based pensions, are looking to recruit a Senior Media Officer to secure high profile media coverage and enhance and defend the organisation's reputation; be the press office lead on automatic enrolment; support the Media Relations Manager in the day to day management of the TPR media office
The key job responsibilities will require the successful candidate to:
· They will al Play a proactive role in shaping the tone, message and substance of TPR's media communications across all directorates (AE, DB, DC), taking a bold approach where appropriate.
· Be creative in generating PR and media opportunities including the use of video and social media channels, in support of TPR's communications strategy.
· Produce accurate, concise and relevant press releases, articles, blogs and social media posts.
· Demonstrate a confident and authoritative approach to national and trade press media enquiries in order to defend TPR's reputation and rebut inaccuracies.
· Promote the regulator's key messages through the planning, writing/briefing and selling-in of articles to national and regional print and broadcast outlets and business sector publications.
· Advise TPR colleagues, including the Board, ExCo and Automatic Enrolment (AE) management team, on media-handling strategies.
· Deputise for the Media Relations Manager as required (including on the crisis communications team).
· Handle elements of the day-to-day management of the press office including the on-call rota (including out of hours) and media monitoring records.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· Experience of working in media relations within a press office environment, often to tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills - written and oral
· Ability to explain complex issues succinctly and with clarity, both in writing and orally to media stakeholders
· Knowledge of public relations approaches
If you feel you have the pre-requisite, knowledge and experience for this position please submit your CV in the first instance. Alternatively, if you require further information, please get in touch with James on or james.spence-.