National Account Manager
National Account Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Commission & Benefits
Our client is a professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a National Account Manager (home based) to join their existing Team. They would be particularly interested to receive applications with Facilities Management sales experience.
This represents the premier role in account development and management within the organisation and is responsible for strategy development and execution to build their relationships with clients and employers in the Infrastructure, FM and Property sector.
The strategy is to drive up understanding and awareness of the benefit of the organisation's qualification to these sectors and by doing this will increase demand for membership professionals and create the market pull required to grow the membership.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving International Standards into the UK market and into the client sector.
You will also be expected to develop significant credibility within the market through attending industry networking events, client visits and meetings building up a strong network in the industry.
As the Ambassador for the company you will have a consultative Sales approach and be able to persuade and influence senior decision makers on the value of the organisation and the qualification. You will have suitable knowledge and understanding of the sectors to ensure credibility.
In addition you will be responsible for developing strategy and best practice levels of quality in Account planning, opportunity development and usage of CRM.
Extensive travel is required with this role and the individual is expected to be spending around 75% of their time visiting clients and generating business and 25% on office based administration.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience & Qualifications required
- Facilities Management Sales experience.
- Good experience of face-to-face B2B business development, account management and consultative sales experience preferably in a qualification, membership, professional body and/or executive education environment
- Experience of strategic account planning, approaches and processes
- Credible presentation, communication and negotiation skills, sufficient to negotiate confidently with senior C-level executives
- Able to communicate effectively in writing, orally and with strong presentational skills
- Computer literate and comfortable with new technology, especially online
- Organisational skills including appointment setting and record keeping
- Confident and motivated self-starter with flexible outlook
- Able to influence people throughout any organization and at all levels
- Able to form individual and corporate relationships
- Experience of developing personal credibility in the marketplace
- Team orientated and with excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- Methodical and consistent approach to recording, structuring, analysing and summarizing information and market intelligence - ability to distil market information into strategic insights for the organisation
- Results oriented and highly commercially minded.
- Displays an understanding of the company's corporate strategy and current objectives
- Displays up to date knowledge of all of the organisation's Qualifications, product and service offerings
- Displays an understanding of the sectors in which the company operates
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.