Permanent Nursery Room Leader
Are you currently looking for work within Nursery Settings
We are currently recruiting for a Permanent Room Leader Position.
Room Leader is Responsible for leading the 2-5 years Room team.
Safeguarding children ensuring excellent high quality childcare and planned activities appropriate to the age and development of the children.
Take an active role within the senior management team.
- To assist nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
- To work within and maintain the context of the whole Nursery team and as a member of the University community.
- To supervise staff and students in training and maintain a proactive and professional team.
- To ensure all daily routines are adhered to and records kept up to date.
- To maintain staffing levels, arranging cover when needed.
- To plan and carry out activities in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage, Setting the Standards for Learning, Development and Care for children from birth to five, ensuring they meet with the Early Learning Goals.
- Further develop 'free flow’ play.
- Ensure assessments/evaluations are regularly completed.
- Ensure children get the best start in life by working in close partnership with parents/carers to develop independence, confidence and selfesteem, building children’s resilience and well being.
- Support staff development and work closely with other staff and professionals.
- To conduct 1:1’s and annual Staff Development and Performance Reviews.
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To oversee an effective key worker system.
- To liaise with other Room Leaders to provide a smooth transition for children.
- To ensure your specific duties regarding Health and Safety and fire procedures are understood and actioned.
- To attend management meetings.
- To undertake monthly staff meetings outside normal working hours when necessary.
- To organise parent/keyworker and 2-5 years Room staff meetings.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the Nursery.
- Assist the Childcare Services Manager and Deputy Manager in the management and leadership of a diverse staff team.
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary.
- To carry out any ad hoc projects or duties as requested by your Line Manager.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the University of Bath Health and Safety rules.
Hours of work will vary between 7.30am until 6pm and Nursery location is Small Health Birmingham.
Suitable candidate must be minimum qualified at level 3 in childcare (or equivalent) and have previous experience of working within a childcare setting. You must be willing to undergo a full DBS check .
Apply today for an immediate interview.