Business Development Manager - MICE background
Business Development Manager
Our client requires an experienced Training & Conference Centre Business Development Manager to deliver new M&E business into the property as well as manage existing accounts. As a 'strong hunter’ the successful candidate will be someone with a good Corporate MICE background. Targeted against revenue targets & a number of appointments per week, the successful will be a key member of the sales team and will report into the Head of Sales.
Our client is an established residential training & conference centre.
The Essential Skills:
- To be considered you will have least three years business development or sales experience within hotel and conferencing, preferably training & conference (within the last 5 years)
- Current industry knowledge is essential -conference and agent markets. Transient desirable, but not essential
- Possess the ability to manage, develop and convert new business pipeline
- Proven sales track record & have a passion for making a sale
- Must be able to build and maintain effective working relationships, possess excellent customer service skills
- The role will be field based with one day expected onsite & four out on the 'road’ with clients - if no client meetings scheduled, you would need to be on property on that day.
The Package / Benefits / Opportunities:
- A salary of between £32,000 - £38,000 DOE
- Company benefits
- Mileage allowance
James Webber Recruitment prides itself on providing the highest quality of permanent recruitment solutions to our candidates and our preferred partners. We take every application into consideration, however due to the volume of applications cannot always respond to each applicant. We do apologise in advance if we cannot immediately communicate with you. Kindly note due to our client’s requirements, you MUST be a current EU resident to apply for this role.