Regional Building Surveying Manager
Our Client is a leading provider of structural warranties and buildings insurance. They are looking to appoint two technically minded surveyors (1x North and 1x South) to manage a surveying team in the provision of technical audits and risk management processes. They will also monitor these processes and develop staff through a framework of auditable reports to maximise customer satisfaction and secure repeat business.
This is a home based role with travel required throughout the region.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
- Relevant Building Control experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues. The candidate must have experience and understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Management skills and experience of managing remote teams.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a remote team of Surveyors in the application of the companies risk management process, ensuring that individuals are given clear guidance and goals, that they understand what is required of them and that they understand the mechanism for monitoring and performance reviews
- Manage Surveyor’s performance using data reports to analyse and monitor KPI’s, ISRA’s, IA’s, SIR’s, CoA’s/cover notes. Conditions, etc and continually driving motivation and engagement and encouraging discretionary effort.
- Carry out accompanied and unaccompanied reviews on Surveyors, recognising achievement and identifying development areas, formulating and delivering training plans.
- Promote the 5 key areas of Risk management through the application and understanding of the operations manual, policies and processes and encourage adherence to best practice.
Technical Inspection Regime;
High rise, enhanced risk and basement tracking and reporting
Surveyor reviews (all roles within each team)
KPI performance (customer service and risk management)
Completion of ISRA’s and IA’s
Workload balance (active sites and difficulty factor)
Workload levels (graduates, deputy managers, project coordinators)
Productivity and Efficiencies
Number of TA’s
Time on site
Level of complaints
Follow up on feedback
Competency and training (including new starter feedback, induction and mentoring)
Regular contact with remote staff
Creating well managed, engaged and well motivated team
This role comes with an excellent salary, mileage allowance and a range of excellent company benefits including; life insurance, company pension, private medical insurance and permanent health insurance, following successful sign off.