Childrens Social Worker Brighton £30,480-£33,106 Bonus
Social Worker, Childrens Service
£30,480 - £33,106 per annum + £1820 Market Supplement.
As a Social Worker you will be working within a team based in Brighton. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package £30,480 - £33,106 per annum + £1820 Market Supplement.
About the role:
- Assessing need and planning and delivering appropriate responses.
- Working in partnership with colleagues from other agencies to deliver accessible and effective services, empowering parents and carers to develop and maintain safe parenting practices.
- Maintenance of knowledge of relevant legislation, departmental and corporate policies and procedures relating to looked after children, children in need and child protection, to achieve a high quality of service delivery.
- Monitoring and supervising the well being of service users according to statutory and departmental guidelines.
- Ensure that all work with children, families and young people promotes positive relationships and meets the requirements of the Corporate Plan, our Service Plan, and Team Plans as well as the values of Brighton and Hove City Council and relationship-based practice.
- Maintaining written and electronic records of work in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Prepare written reports for professional colleagues and court as required.
- Participate in meetings necessary for the effective safeguarding of children and young people, including group supervision and Reflective Practice Groups.
- Participation in continuing professional development opportunities and contribution to the development of good social work practice across the service.
- To embrace the Council’s Equalities Policy and contribute to the service’s Equalities Action Plan.
- To adhere to the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
Requirements of a Childrens Social Worker:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip(SW), MSW) and be registered as a social worker with the HCPC.
- In addition, you will need to have experience of working directly with children in need and their families in a multi-disciplinary service and be able to build strong, meaningful relationships with children from diverse backgrounds, their families and key agencies.
What to expect:
- Group supervision as well as 1-2-1 support;
- Reflective Practice Groups;
- A robust programme of learning and development, including an innovative Continuing Learning and Assessment Model;
- Support from Lead Practitioners;
- Opportunities to take part in practice research;
- A relocation scheme of up to £10,000;
- A market supplement of £1,820 for social work posts and £3,060 for senior social worker posts in these teams;
Can you see yourself working in Brighton?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on