Collections and Servicing Team Leader- Commercial Mortgages
Our Client is a successful commercial mortgage lender. They are currently looking for a collections and loan servicing team leader to join and lead their collections team.
The core purpose of the role is to effectively manage the servicing, collections and arrears management activities for all originated UK Commercial Mortgage loans. The job holder will be required to develop, implement and maintain optimal collections, arrears management and work out strategies. A key part of the role is the line management, performance management and development of a team of Mortgage Servicing and Collections staff.
- Facilitate and support the addition of new loans to the company’s loan book.
- Manage the daily processing and execution of routine and non-routine transactions related to mortgage payment processing including redemptions.
- Ensure that the Mortgage Servicing and Collections team provide a consistently high quality of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Answer and address technical and complex queries from customers and staff.
- Ensure that all enquiries relating to primary servicing, collections and arrears are dealt with promptly and efficiently and in accordance with the Bank’s service standards.
- Manage the portfolio of commercial, Buy to Let and Bridging mortgage loans to optimise returns on capital and minimise losses through delivering outcome focussed collection, arrears management and work-out strategies.
- Develop and maintain effective, compliant borrower contact strategies.
- Monitor and manage workflow to ensure SLA’s are met and ensure quality standards are regularly tested and maintained.
- Ensure that servicing and collections policies and procedures are up to date and adhered to.
- Regularly test established controls and processes across the team to ensure effective and relevant.
- Maintain and focus on resourcing requirements ensuring sufficient cover and training is continually reviewed and all risks mitigated.
- Attendance at working groups and meetings as subject matter expert in mortgage servicing and collections.
- Assist with co-ordination and delivery of requests from internal and external auditors.
- Support and management to ensure effective delivery of change across the team.
- Regular and accurate production of key management information and reporting.
- Deputise for Line Manager and conduct ad-hoc duties as outlined by Line Manager.
- Be accountable for the performance of teams and all employees managed, ensuring that all line management activities are undertaken as required.
- Develop, govern and monitor effective relationships with key third party suppliers.
- Ensure account information is up to date and reflects the current status of the interaction with the borrowers.
- Ensure that shortfall and professional negligence claims are effectively commenced and managed in conjunction with the Credit and Risk Quality Manager.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training.
- 60m experience within a mortgage servicing operations environment is essential
- 36m experience in managing outcome focussed collections, arrears and work-out strategies is essential
- 36m previous Line Management experience is essential
- 12m experience of servicing Bridging loans is desirable
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
- Robust knowledge of arrears based work out strategies is essential
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
Basic Salary £26k-£30k Dependent on experience-
- Discretionary Bonus Opportunity - up to 10% of basic salary
- Annual Leave - 24 days
- Annual Leave Increment - 1 day per 2 years of completed service, up to a maximum of 28
- Holiday Purchase Scheme - Up to 5 days of additional annual leave in each holiday year
- Pension - 8% employer contribution - requires a 5% employee contribution
- PMI - Bupa Cover, 50% of which is funded by Company - opportunity to also add family members, but at own expense
- PHI - Covers 75% of basic salary payable on an on-going basis after 28 weeks continuous absence (applicable after 12m service)
- Life Cover - 4 x basic salary
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye Tests - Costs covered by company every 2 years plus £50 towards the cost of purchasing glasses if required for VDU work