Fraud Investigator (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client, a global financial services organisation are looking to appoint a Fraud Investigator to assist on a 6 month Fixed-term contract.
You will provide an expert investigative, consultancy and advisory service by analysing, researching and evaluating financial crime to maintain, develop and implement compliance with legislative requirements & minimise financial loss.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
· Carrying out investigations into financial crime committed both internally and externally to protect the interests of the Company and its stakeholders.
· Analysing and reviewing financial crime risks/trends on products and services by consulting and advising on potential weaknesses to mitigate risk to business areas.
· Ensuring that the company and its subsidiaries comply with their legislative obligations
· Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships by advising and guiding to enhance the prevention, containment and detection of financial crime.
· Performs operational activities focused at delivering customer service within procedural guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for spotting and initiating opportunities for service and process improvement by acting on feedback from customers.
· Offers support to team members, sharing learning and best practice in order to contribute to overall team effectiveness.
· Records all information accurately on appropriate systems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
· Sound knowledge of Investigation skills and techniques
· The ability to show attention to detail
· Having previous experience of working within a Financial services company or similar environment
· Excellent written and oral communications skills including report writing skills
· Proven ability to communicate well both by speaking to people face to face or on the telephone and in written form
· Operational experience of working in banking or financial services.
· Knowledge of regulatory guidelines.
· Experience working in a target/service level driven environment.
· Familiarity with the relevant departmental and company-wide procedures, policies and guidelines.
· Good written and oral language skills in order to articulate technical issues associated to work area.
· Experience of owning a process to enable independent management of an administrative work stream.
· Strong PC skills, particularly MS Office.
Please note, due to the nature of this role candidates must be able to pass a credit check and reference must come back as acceptable with no dismissals, disciplinary or warnings over the last 3 years.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts we are not always able to provide feedback on your application. If you don't hear from us within the next five days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, your details will be kept on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities.