Technical Services Engineer
What it’s about
Are you an approved grade electrician who delivers their work with high attention to detail and accuracy? The role of Technical Services Engineer will require an individual to have a good level of confidence with the ability to communicate to people at all levels. You will have a good understanding of health and safety as the role will require you to have a willingness to undertake First aid Training.
As a Technical Services Engineer you will be working with a great team as well as a great company, you will be involved in Continuous Improvement Methodologies such as Kaizen and Six Sigma, where you will be able to raise your continuous improvement ideas. Cambridge Assessment is both ISO9001/2015 and OHSAS 18001 certified, so you know you will be working in a safe welcoming environment.
Cambridge Assessment is an international exams group that design’s and deliver’s assessments to over 8 million learners in over 170 countries. There are currently over 2500 Cambridge Assessment employees with Cambridge Assessment being established for over 150 years.
Although you may be based at one of the sites listed above you may be required to move your normal place of work to any place of business in the Cambridge area maintained by Cambridge Assessment.
What you’ll be doing
As a Technical Services Engineer with Cambridge Assessment you will be part of the multi-skilled team responsible for the control and maintenance of electrical, mechanical & Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS) at our two distribution sites, Duxford and Papworth (DC20). Duties include the planned preventative maintenance (PPM), repair and improvement of business critical electro-mechanical systems such as uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems, standby power generators, and HVAC.
This is a diverse and fulfilling role where you will assist in all aspects of building services, maintenance and in-house projects. You will need to share our values, be confident, focused on client satisfaction and have absolute commitment to the Health and Safety of yourself, your colleagues and our contractors.
There will be a requirement to work an early, day, and late rotating shift pattern and will be expected to participate in an out-of-hours rota call out system.
• Provide a consistent high level of customer service through systematic proactive provision of engineering support in line with business agreed SLAs. Support the team activities to meet engineering and other reactive call SLAs as necessary.
• Co-ordinate and undertake the annual Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule and all reactive works for mechanical and electrical equipment, systems and assets.
• Plan, cost and manage electrical installation, testing and reactive maintenance repair projects, maintaining fully documented audit records.
• Manage on site contractors to ensure that they are fully inducted and briefed about the work they are required to complete, in accordance with Premises and Services guidelines and procedures and that they have all the necessary documentation (site induction / monitoring, Permit to Work, method statements and risk assessments). Inclusive of review of all works completed by contractor to ensure completion within approved standards and good practice, especially in relation to H&S and welfare
• Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and safe systems of work for all planned and reactive maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Provide electrical / mechanical expertise input into buildings projects.
What we’re looking for:
The successful candidate will be flexible with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently, they will need to an energetic team player due to the fast paced role. You will be computer literate (preferably with experience of using MS Office) and have excellent problem solving and analytical fault finding skills. A flexible working approach is a must as well as good interpersonal, team-working and customer service skills.
The successful candidate will need to be:
A qualified electrician (City & Guilds 2360 Part 1&2 or approved equivalent)
Proven installation and maintenance experience (within commercial and industrial environments).
Certified with a sound working knowledge of the 17th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671-2008)
Certified City and Guilds 2391& 2392 OR/ AND 2394 & 2395 (desirable)
HVAC Qualified (desirable)
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is the University’s not-for profit international exams group. We develop and deliver a range of assessments, qualifications, exams and tests that are used and respected by educational establishments around the world.
The Group Print and Operations division (GPAO) provide a world class service to Cambridge Assessment’s three exam boards. Utilising our modern warehouse facilities in Duxford and Papworth Everard, we provide an end-to-end logistics service for printing, storing, collating and despatching more than 40 million question papers to over 170 countries around the globe.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5th March 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.